The 2016 scholarship application is now open!
Start it now here!
Ascend Educational Fund awards scholarships ranging from $2,500 to $20,000 to immigrant students and children of immigrants who are graduating from a New York City high school to attend public or private colleges and universities, regardless of ethnicity, national origin, or immigration status.
- Must be born outside the United States or have two parents born outside the United States
- Must be a graduating senior at a high school in the five boroughs of New York City
- Must enroll full-time at an accredited public or private college or university in 2015-2016
- Completed and signed application form
- Official high school transcript
- Copy of SAT or ACT score report
- Two letters of recommendation
- Two essays
Selection Criteria and Process
Scholarship recipients will be selected based on qualities traditionally valued and demonstrated by the immigrant community: hard work, resourcefulness, perseverance in the face of adversity, academic achievement, leadership, and commitment to one’s community. A committee will review applications and select a group of finalists for interviews.
December 1, 2015: Applications open online
January 30, 2016: Application materials due (ALL materials listed above)
May 9, 2016: Finalists notified
June 4-5, 2016: Interviews for Finalists
Applications must be submitted by the Saturday, January 30, 2015 11:59 PM EST deadline.
Scholarships will be disbursed directly to the recipient’s educational institution in equal installments over a two or four year period, depending on the type of institution. Failure to comply with the following conditions may result in the suspension or revocation of scholarship awards:
- Enroll full-time at an accredited public or private college or university
- Remain in good standing and maintain a 2.5 grade point average
- Submit progress reports to Ascend Educational Fund every semester
- Participate in mentoring provided by Ascend Educational Fund
Questions can be directed to email@example.com