The 2014 scholarship application is now closed. Finalists selected for an interview will be notified May 7th/8th.
Thank you and good luck to all the applicants!
Ascend Educational Fund awards scholarships ranging from $2,500 to $20,000 to immigrant students and children of immigrants who are graduating from a New York City high school to attend public or private colleges and universities, regardless of ethnicity, national origin, or immigration status.
- Must be born outside the United States or have two parents born outside the United States
- Must be a graduating senior at a high school in the five boroughs of New York City
- Must enroll full-time at an accredited public or private college or university in 2014-2015
- Completed and signed application form
- Official high school transcript
- Copy of SAT or ACT score report
- Two letters of recommendation
- Two essays
Selection Criteria and Process
Scholarship recipients will be selected based on qualities traditionally valued and demonstrated by the immigrant community: hard work, resourcefulness, perseverance in the face of adversity, academic achievement, leadership, and commitment to one’s community. A committee will review applications and select a group of finalists for interviews.
January 15, 2014: Applications open online
March 25, 2014 : Application materials due (ALL materials listed above)
May 3-4, 2014 : Finalists notified
May 10/11 & 17/18 : Interviews for Finalists
May 20, 2014: Scholarship Recipients notified
Applications must be submitted by the deadline of Tuesday, March 25, 2014 11:59 PM EST.
Scholarships will be disbursed directly to the recipient’s educational institution in equal installments over a two or four year period, depending on the type of institution. Failure to comply with the following conditions may result in the suspension or revocation of scholarship awards:
- Enroll full-time at an accredited public or private college or university
- Remain in good standing and maintain a 2.5 grade point average
- Submit progress reports to Ascend Educational Fund every semester
- Participate in mentoring provided by Ascend Educational Fund
Questions can be directed to email@example.com