AEF will provide two-year or four-year college scholarships to promising immigrant students in New York City, who were either born outside the US or have two parents born outside the U.S., in the range of $2,500-$20,000. We will begin accepting scholarship applications online on November 1, 2016, and the deadline is February 2, 2017.
Key Dates for the 2017 Application
- Scholarship Application Opens: November 1, 2016 – Start Now!
- DEADLINE: February 2, 2017
- Finalists selected for an interview will be notified by: May 7, 2017
- Interviews: May 20-21, 2017, each finalist must attend in person for consideration and will participate in two 30 minute interviews.
- Were born outside the United States or have two parents born parents born outside the United States
- Will graduate from a high school in New York City
- Will enroll full-time at an accredited public or private college or university in 2017-2018
- Demonstrate qualities traditionally valued by the immigrant community: hard work, resourcefulness, perseverance in the face of adversity, academic achievement, leadership, and commitment to one’s community
Questions can be directed to scholarship@ascendfundny.